March 2021 Meeting
Shark Tooth Car Club
March 10th Meeting Minutes:
Meeting Attendees: Ken and Kathy Maher, Bill and Gayle Jereb, Gary Spinazze,
Bill and Dawn Mendes, Mike Connors, Dave and Janice Love.
Guests: Rich Gruenberg, Judy Umbreit, John Gilbert
Special Guest: Alex Nodel – Sage Auto Studios
- Ken Maher stated this meeting is the last formation meeting for the club.
- Current meetings will serve as a board meeting and membership meeting
due to our small size.
- Election of officers in 2022 will be staggered so that all board positions are
not up for election at the same time
- Articles of incorporation are now in effect
- Filing was sent to the IRS as a social club 501(c) (7)
- Club membership application has been created
- Business cards were created and handed out to members
- Web site creation will be performed by Sage Auto Studios. Ken will develop
the content. Should be built in approximately 2 months
- Need to create a tag line for the club
- Club will be small. 25 memberships
- All members sent checks for membership dues
- Bank account has been opened at SunTrust
- Ken Maher and Bill Jereb will be signatories for the account
- Account allows for 5 transactions per month. Once we have $1,500.00
deposited, SunTrust will deposit 200.00.
- Ken will loan the club the funds to get to the $,1500.00 amount so that we
can get the $200.00 from SunTrust
- Ken currently has $800.00 in expenses and will ask for reimbursement next
- To keep expenses down, no spending will be done by the club until Q1 2022
so that we can grow funds
- Club shirts were distributed at the meeting
- No name badges will be ordered at this time. We need a minimum order of 25 name badges to proceed
- Gary has the March event and Bill Jereb has the April event
- April 3 rd will be a BBQ at Sage Auto from 11:00 – 1:00
- Ken is planning a trip to the Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing for April 1 st
- The club is not currently car show centric. Dave Love provided a list of car
shows as well as Roberts Rules for meetings instructions
- Our club is not looking to compete with the Venice Florida Corvette Club
- Paradise Car Show in IslandWalk will be on 3/27. Entry fee is $25.00.
Entrants will receive a hat, tumbler, 2 tickets for food at the food truck.
Our club will be a sponsor of the car show. We will park cars and hand out
Sage Auto Studios:
- Special presentation. Sage started in Venice as a mobile detailer. Now has
a 7000 square foot complex in Sarasota. Sage only uses top of the line
products with excellent warranties. Examples are clear bra – 10 year
warranty, window tint – lifetime warranty, ceramic coating – 5 year
Now You Know:
- Ken told the story on Butch O’Hare from Chicago, WWII’s first Navy Ace, for
who O’Hare Airport was named after, also happened to be Al Capone’s
Know a Member:
Gary Spinazze. From Detroit. Was in the armed service from 1968 – 1972. Spent
1971 in Viet Nam. Played semi pro hockey. Worked in the wholesale and retail
food industry. Gary was inducted into the frozen food hall of fame in 2018. Gary
has 2 children, a son and a daughter. Gary has a 2019 Corvette Gran Sport.
- There is a conflict on 4/14. The meeting will be moved to 4/21