December 2022 Meeting
Shark Tooth Sports Car Club
December 13 Meeting Minutes:
Meeting Attendees: Ken and Kathy Maher, Bill Jereb, Mike Connors, Phil and Denise Mannino, Tom Lupica and Carol Parkinson, Tom and Geri Moore, Ron and Linda Wencil, Tom Rossi, Gary Westfall, Dave and Bobbe Lytle, Rodney and Linda Pennington, Steve Iannone
Guest: No guests present
- Ken Maher called the meeting to order
- Event hosts should send pictures of the event to be posted to the website
- The website URL is www.sharktoothsportscarclub.com
- Club sponsorships have been set. Gold level will be $1000.00, silver $500.00 and bronze $250.00
- Guest speakers have been scheduled for January through March
1/11 Suncoast Porsche
2/8 Ideal Classic cars
3/8 Lamborghini of Sarasota
- A tour of the Venice Police Department will be scheduled in January
- A benevolent committee has been formed with Ron and Linda Wencil chairing the committee
- Please see the president report in the PowerPoint presentation for details
- Cool Today Park monthly car show opportunity. The club would host shows from October – May on the 4th Tuesday of the month from 4:30 – 7:30. The Braves will incur all expenses and will do the cleanup after the show. The Tiki bar will be open and there will be a food truck and DJ. The club will need 6 members for each show to assist with parking and host the show.
Vice President Report:
- There will be a monthly club sponsored car show in 2023. Details to follow
- Please see the vice president report in the PowerPoint presentation for complete details on car shows
- Phil Mannino discussed electric vehicles including the history of EV’s to present time.
Membership Director Report:
- We currently have 27 memberships with a total of 54 members and 41 cars.
- Please let Bill Mendes know of any changes to your membership
- The number of memberships in the club will be capped at 30
- Please see the membership director report in the PowerPoint presentation for membership details
- A motion was made to approve the November minutes. Bill Jereb approved and Tom Rossi seconded the motion
- Please see the secretary report in the PowerPoint presentation for details
- We currently have $3225.00 in the bank account.
- Everyone should have received an email with the invoice for club dues. The 2023 dues will be $150.00.
- $100.00 for membership and $50.00 that will go toward the benevolent fund. The date for payment will be 12/15 and checks will be cashed on 1/2
- Please see the treasurers report in the PowerPoint presentation for financial details
- White shirts are backordered.
- Club T shirts are on sale for $20.00. $15.00 for the shirt and $5.00 will be a donation to the food pantry
- Club tumblers are available for new members and guest speakers. If any current members have not received a tumbler, please contact Ken Maher
- Please see the Quartermaster Report in the PowerPoint presentation for shirt and embroidery pricing
- Carlisle Auto Auction in Lakeland on 2/10 and 2/11. The club receives a check for $750.00 for providing drivers
- BBQ and tour of Sage Automotive on 1/28
- Charity golf outing will be rescheduled for Memorial Day weekend 2023
- Please see the social events report in the PowerPoint presentation for all upcoming events
Now You Know:
Know a member:
Rodney and Linda Pennington will present in January
The January meeting will be on Wednesday 1/11