Fri, Feb 10|
Sun 'n FUN Campus
Spring Collectors Car Auction
Time & Location
Feb 10, 7:00 AM – Feb 11, 7:00 AM
Sun 'n FUN Campus, 4590 Rocky Rd, Lakeland, FL 33811, USA
About the event
Carlisle Auctions will once again be having their Spring Collector Car Auction in Lakeland, FL on Friday and Saturday, February10th and 11th, respectively. They’ll be auctioning off over 400 cars and they once again need drivers to drive these cars across the auction block. Our club has supported this auction for the last couple of years and most recently a number of us drove at their November auction and had a lot of fun and came home with a number of funny stories. Their spring event is typically bigger with more higher value cars.
Aside from having a good time, a side benefit to the club is that Carlisle Auctions will make a $750 donation to the club (as they did following the November auction) if we supply an appropriate number of drivers. So this might be an all hands on deck request for you to help your club and have a great time doing it. So who’s in for Friday and/or Saturday? You can pick only one day - but we could really use you for both days.
As for responses to frequently asked questions:
- Where’s The Auction? Sun ‘n Fun Campus 4175 Medulla Roa Lakeland, Florida
- Where Do we Meet? Behind the McDonald’s on Laurel Road, adjacent to Rt. 75 at 7:30 AM, departing at 7:45 AM . We’ll caravan to the campus. The auction starts at 10:30 and they’ll be a driver’s meeting at 10:00 AM. For those who would like to car pool for this event, those who don’t mind driving, show up with your “hauler” and we’ll figure out who wants to drive/ride. We’ll do this for both days.
- What Time Does It End? If Memory serves me correctly, it should end around 5:00.
- Do I wear our club shirt? No, this is not a club shirt event, but for those of you that drove in November, wear your blue tee shirt that we provided. For any new drivers, we’ll provide you with a blue tee based on what we have left over from the Nov outing.
- Will we be doing this again?Yes – they have another auction planned for November
- Do I need to know how to drive a manual transmission? It helps, but you can always switch cars with another driver if you don’t
- Will I have a good time? If you’re a car guy, absolutely
- Is this just a guy event? No, if your wife wants to drive, she’s more than welcome to join us. We had three ladies at the last event. Can we get four this time?
- Can a friend join us? Yes, have them call me.
- RSVP Ken.Maher@StevensLee.com